Tuesday, August 2, 2011

WOW!

It's been a wild ride the past two months! Finally all settled into my new place. Still aquiring household items, summer is a great time to have moved! Lawn sales, moving sales, garage sales, Craigslist...you can find some pretty awesome treasures!

It took awhile to get my internet, but I am up and running now!

New found freedom! all I can say is WOW!!! it feels pretty awesome! Independence that I have never had. Yes I have been away from my parents for a long time. And then moved back in with my mother after my step father passed away. Which was more of a healing process than anything else. I wouldn't trade that time I spent there with her, for anything! When I moved out, it was joyful and sad. She helped me in so many ways. The first weekend I was here in my new apt. she helped me with the last bit of moving and spent the afternoon here with me unpacking. At one point she poured 2 margaritas and took my hand leading me out to my back deck, to sit in the sun with her. She had bought me a gift. It was actually for her and I. She had purchased a gift set of two toe rings. One for her and one for me. It was to symbolize our freedom. When I moved out, it was the first time that BOTH of us have been on our own! She had always been married, or had kids. First time for my mother, at 60. and the first time for me, at 40. Something that could have been very sad, we turned into a triumph~!

I am not very far from her, about 4 miles. So we are keeping up with the closeness that we found while I lived with her. We both know what a gift we have been given and we will not take it for granted. I have found my mother and she found her daughter. That is a priceless gift, that I will treasure forever.

I have been out of her house for a month and a half now. She is still buying trinkets for me. Things that I admired and used in her kitchen. She has bought me. Something as simple as a hand crank can opener that opens the can but dulls the edges on the can top. LOL  She is always thinking about me, and when I go shopping for something that I need at my new place...if I find a dragon fly of any sort, I get it for her. I don't think that any mother and daughter that I know of have the bond that my mother and I share now.

We have overcome so much. Together and apart. We have both been through a tremendous amount in our lives. And this is our time to smile, have fun, have a BBQ, drink and be merry, or just giggle over a cup of morning coffee and laugh at the simplicity of our pets playing, (her cat and my little dog). Which by the way, we have to share my little dog, because both Mom and her cat miss my little Skeeter! LOL just something else that strengthens the relationship...

Thank you Mom for all you have done for me and continue to do! I love you!

So, I want you to LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE to the fullest. I have said it before, but I really mean it and it is really words to live by...

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE!!

1 comment: