Friday, June 10, 2011

summer is finally here...




Summer is finally here! Sunshine, humidity and thunderstorms...Flowers are in bloom, the hummingbirds are at the feeders...I love this time of year!! I could sit on the deck with my coffee all morning and not get bored! The sounds of the birds in the morning when the sun is coming up over the horizon. Basking in the rays of the sun, energizing you and kissing your pale skin from the winter months...Mmm, yep, it's a beautiful time of year, it's my favorite time of year. Driving home from work at night and seeing the sunset over the mountain range. Despite the depression that rears its ugly head, it sure is a sweet time of year to be in a great mood. I love the sun! And if I hadn't fled from those hands that hurt me, I wouldn't be here to enjoy it! It's the simple pleasures that you forget about in the day to day busy-ness of LIFE! Stop to smell the flowers and the fresh cut grass. Stop and look up at the sky on a sunny day, do you see any billowy clouds? Pull up a blanket on the lawn and lay down, watch the clouds drift by. Just dream for a little while, be a kid again, dream of floating on that cloud above. Find the silly shapes they make in the sky, take time to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment