Tuesday, May 24, 2011

another birthday...

Well, another birthday has come and gone...big mile marker. A few weeks ago, as the day was approaching, I felt as if my armageddon was coming. LOL - not so. Life goes on after you turn 40. It's silly how we can think sometimes. It felt like just another day, nothing spectacular, nothing catastrophic. Just a day older and perhaps wiser.

But, on the flip side I am very greatful. I'm still here, alive and kicking. Kicking and screaming. Laughing till I almost pee my pants. Smiling at lives little jokes. Still wishing upon that shooting star. And still loving to my fullest ability. Going into my sixth year of "freedom" from the domestic violence and I am happy to be out from under it. There was a time that I wished it all would stop, that a big rock would fall on me...that lightening would strike. If not me, my abuser. Just so as I could live without fear, live without feeling like the scumbag I was made out to be. But guess what?! I'm NOT a scumbag, I'm NOT a piece of crap! I deserve to be happy and NOT live in fear. I am a human being. Breathing, feeling, thinking thoughts that are my own. I do have a brain and it is no longer "washed".

I have learned many things over the last forty years and that learning curve will never stop. I am wiser. I hope that I have learned enough to be able to teach others. Share my experiences - the good and the bad. I want others to benefit from my pain and suffering. That will make it all worth it.

So here is a bit of advice for you, some thoughts of today...LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE! Live your life like it is your last day. Laugh even if it isn't funny to someone else. Even if you do not like the place you go to spend eight hours of your day. Laugh. Laugh. Laugh. It really is the best medicine. When you haven't had much laughter and finally find things funny and amusing... LAUGH! It feels wonderful! And LOVE. Love to the fullest. Spend time with those you love and treasure.

I spent the morning with my mother yesterday. We went to breakfast and giggled and giggled. I didn't want the morning to end, and as I was settling in at my desk at work, I recv'd a call. It was my mother. She was still giggling and thanked me for a really good time and told me to tell my boss I needed the day off. Because she wasn't ready for it to end either. Grab those moments and keep them in that photo album in your mind. Remember the look on their face when they are laughing so hard that the tears are rolling down their face. That... Was a wonderful birthday present.

As life sometimes gets in the way, and we get busy...Take the time to spend with your loved ones. Near or far. Make the most of it all. Stay in touch, even if it is on Facebook. It is a connection. It bridges the miles that keep you apart.

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE!!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! We Survivors need to look closer at our good times now! Laughing like there is no tomorrow, thanks for the reminder! Honey you are older and wiser and 40 is GREAT! I am so glad to have met you! Healing is good in numbers.

    ReplyDelete